Smappee is a purpose-driven company. At the core of everything we do, we aim to facilitate energy efficiency in an innovative, easy, and fun way. We have an offering in electric vehicle charging and energy management. Based in Kortrijk, Harelbeke we have an international scope and are a (very) fast-growing team.
What your day would look like
As our Content Specialist, you will be the point of contact for everything that has to do with content.
Your job starts with an effective content strategy based on our business and marketing strategy. Thanks to your smooth pen, you then work out dazzling texts that highlight the USPs and immediately appeal to our target groups. Together with the help of external copywriters, translators, and video agency, you manage a variety of content channels including websites, newsletters, social media, blog, presentations, brochures, white-papers and more. This is always in close collaboration with your fellow marketeers and the sales and product team.
- You focus on creating and writing content for our business customers (B2B) and our users (B2C) in an international environment.
- You create and release content marketing initiatives to achieve business and marketing targets.
- You generate ideas to increase customer engagement and our brand awareness. You are an expert in re-purposing content in multiple assets.
- You liaise with the communication department of external stakeholders to co-create content.
- Together with your Digital Marketing team and agency you optimise content considering SEO and Google Analytics.
- You build and manage a network of copywriters and translators. You ensure copy and translations are of the highest quality.
- You produce visual content by collaborating with internal and external graphic designers and video creators.
- You occasionally edit, proofread, and improve content from colleagues.
Is this you?
You are a true storyteller and adept at creating content for various target audiences (B2B & B2C) that is inspiring, clear, accessible, and fun to read. You are well aware of a ‘digital-first’-approach.
Some personal skills we value
- You are a curious mind that knows how to get the information you need.
- You are customer-focused: you think from the customer’s needs, you empathise and listen well.
- You are able to translate complex topics into easy to read content for a non-technical audience.
- You thrive in an international atmosphere and taking ownership comes naturally to you.
- Your written English is impeccable.
- You’re a team player and you love to learn.
- You’re eager to continue to shape Smappee’s tone of voice throughout all our content.
The skills required for this job
- Master Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Linguistics or equivalent in experience.
- 5+ years of experience in professional writing.
- You are an expert in English, spoken and written. Native speakers or knowledge of other languages is a clear advantage.
- Proficient in MS Office and WordPress. Knowledge of SEO and translation management.
- Knowledge in video editing and photography is a plus.
Perks & benefits
At Smappee, we want our employees to be able to contribute fully to our mission, so we have designed our work environment to be as efficient as possible.
- Stay inspired by the brand new and high-tech office building
- Enjoy a flexible environment with a horizontal structure
- Benefit from multiple career and personal development opportunities
- Carefree commute due to the ideal location along the E17, spacious parking, electric car chargers and bicycle storage
- Plan your sports sessions or lunch breaks efficiently thanks to the gym, showers, and restaurant in the building
- A good work-life balance: flexible working hours and fun team lunches and activities
- Remuneration according to experience, completed with extra-legal benefits such as meal vouchers, eco vouchers, health insurance, group insurance, holidays supplemented with ADV days and optional bicycle leasing
- On top of that, we offer a job where you can truly contribute to a better planet