1. Parties in this statement
In this Cookie Statement (“Cookiedeclaration”), the following should be understood:
- Smappee NV, having its registered office at Evolis 104, B-8530 Harelbeke, registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number BE0849.366.642 (RPR/RPM Ghent, division Kortrijk), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org & affiliate companies.
- Smappee Services BV, having its registered office at Evolis 104, B-8530 Harelbeke, registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number BE0835.376.866 (RPR/RPM Ghent, division Kortrijk), e-mail: email@example.com & affiliate companies.
- Smappee Inc., having its registered office at 55 Madison Avenue, Suite 400 55, Madison Avenue, Suite 400, Morristown, New Jersey (US)07960, United States; listed under enterprise number VAT. EIN61-1750640, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org & affiliate companies.
- ‘User’, ‘you’: Every person (B2C) or legal entity (B2B) that should install and/or use the Smappee mobile application, and may or may not come into a contractual relation of any kind.
- ‘Application’; the Smappee mobile application, made for iPhone® and Android™ systems, and to be downloaded or installed from the App Store℠ and Google Play℠.
- ‘Telecommunication Law’: Wet houdende diverse bepalingen inzake elektronische communicatie (referred to as : Telecommunication law) (URL).
- ‘Law concerning electronic communication’: implementatie Telecommunicatiewet in artikel 129 van de Wet betreffende de elektronische communicatie van 13 juni 2005 (URL).
2. What are cookies?
Cookies are small data- or text files sent from a website and stored on your local computer. Cookies can be stored for different purposes; some cookies have a technical character (for example to store language preferences), session cookies (temporary cookies), and tracking cookies (cookies that track and store your behavior on the website, in order to offer the user the most optimal user experience)
The Belgian Law concerning electronic communication’ (implementation telecommunications law) includes some provisions regarding cookies and their use of them on websites. The Belgian implementation is derived from the European E-Privacy Directive. This Directive implies that every EU Member State has absolute discretion regarding cookie legislation.
Smappee is a national branch (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxemburg) of an international Corporation. Below the title “7. I’m not from Belgium. What type of consent does my country require?”, an overview of the diverse European Cookie-legislation landscape is offered.
3. What is the aim of these cookies?
Smappee would like to inform the user as much as possible about this new legislation, and the cookies they use. Cookies are essential for Smappee in order to optimize every visit to the website, remember every technical choice user made (for example choices regarding language, newsletter, et cetera), and to offer the user every relevant service and suggestion.
If you would like to consult the website of Smappee, it is recommended that cookies are enabled. However, the user is free to disable cookies if such a setting is not preferred (we refer you to title 6 “how can I manage my cookies”)
4. What guarantees do I have as a visitor?
Smappee acquired the legal Quality-label ‘mylabel’, after an extensive legal and technical scan of their website by the legal department of ‘DeJuristen/LesJuristes’. This label guarantees the user 100% legal certainty.
5. Which cookies do we use and why?
In order to consult the Smappee website, it is recommended that you enable cookies on your computer, tablet, or mobile phone. Without enabled cookies, there is a real possibility that we are not able to guarantee optimized use of our website.
If, however, you feel the urgent need to restrict, block or remove cookies of Smappee, we gladly explain to you how to manage your browser settings under title 6.
|bcookie||1 year||Functional||LinkedIn sets this cookie from LinkedIn share buttons and ad tags to recognize browser ID|
|bscookie||1 year||Functional||LinkedIn sets this cookie to store performed actions on the website|
|lang||session||Functional||LinkedIn sets this cookie to remember a user’s language setting|
|lidc||1 day||Functional||LinkedIn sets the lidc cookie to facilitate data center selection|
|UserMatchHistory||1 month||Functional||LinkedIn sets this cookie for LinkedIn Ads ID syncing|
|_ga||2 years||Analytics||The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.|
|Analytics||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics.|
|_gcl_au||3 months||Analytics||Provided by Google Tag Manager to experiment advertisement efficiency of websites using their services.|
|_gid||1 day||Analytics||Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website’s performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.|
|_fbp||session||Advertisement||This cookie is set by Facebook to display advertisements when either on Facebook or on a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising, after visiting the website.|
|fr||3 months||Advertisement||Facebook sets this cookie to show relevant advertisements to users by tracking user behaviour across the web, on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin.|
|test_cookie||15 minutes||Advertisement||The test_cookie is set by doubleclick.net and is used to determine if the user’s browser supports cookies.|
|_dc_gtm_UA-44301020-1||1 minute||Other||No description|
|AnalyticsSyncHistory||1 month||Other||No description|
|li_gc||5 months 27 days||Other||No description|
6. How can I manage my cookies?
Make sure cookies are enabled in your browser. In order to enable cookies, the following actions need to be performed:
Browser – Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
- In Internet Explorer, click on ‘InternetOptions’ in the ‘Extra’-menu.
- On the tab, ‘Privacy’, Slide the settings-slider to low ‘laag’ or ‘accept all cookies’ (every setting above ‘medium’ disables cookies).
- Click ‘OK’.
Browser – Mozilla Firefox
- On the menu bar, click on the Firefox menu and select Preferences.
- Select the Privacy panel.
- Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.
- Uncheck mark Accept cookies from sites to disable Cookies; make sure Accept third party cookies is also set to Never.
Browser – Google Chrome
- Click ‘Extra’ on top of the browses and choose ‘Options’.
- Click ‘Under the Hood’ tab, search for ‘Privacy’ and select the button ‘Content settings’.
- Select ‘Allow local data to be set’.
Browser – Safari
- Click on ‘Cog’ on top of the browser and select ‘preferences’.
- Click ‘Security’, and check the option: ‘Block all cookies of third parties and advertisements cookies’.
- Click ‘Save’.
7. “I’m not from Belgium. What type of consent does my country require?”
Smappee is a branch of a well-known international corporation or concern. Therefore it is possible that not only Belgian citizens visit the website. European member-states have diverse interpretations of cookie legislation, which makes it difficult for the user to determine what type of consent is needed. Below you can find an overview of the European member states, their status of implementation, and their (possible) way of implementation.
Smappee endeavors to apply the correct way of implementation in the member state, which is allowed in a technical and material way.
|BELGIUM||YES||AMENDMENT BELGISCHE WET ELEKTRONISCHE COMMUNICATIE.||YES||IMPLIED CONSENT|
|BULGARIA||YES||AMENDMENT ‘BULGARIAN ELECTRONIC MESSAGES ACT’||NO||IMPLIED CONSENT|
|CYPRUS||YES||AMENDMENT ‘REGULATION OF ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION AND POSTAL SERVICES LAW’||YES||EXPLICIT CONSENT|
|GERMANY||NO||DRAFT IMPLEMENTATION NOT TAKEN EFFECT||YES BUT||OPT-IN FOR COOKIES CONCERNING PERSONAL INFORMATION; OPT-OUT FOR ALL OTHER COOKIES|
|ESTONIA||/||INTERPRETATION ALREADY IMPLEMENTED||NO||IMPLIED CONSENT RIGHT TO REFUSE-APPROACH|
|FINLAND||YES||AMENDMENT PRIVACYWET||NO||CONSENT VIA BROWSER-SETTINGS|
|FRANCE||YES||NEW LAW||YES||EXPLICIT CONSENT REQUIRED, BUT DEROGATIONS FOR FIRST PARTY ANALYTIC COOKIES|
|GREECE||YES||AMENDMENT||NO||CONSENT VIA BROWSER-SETTINGS|
|HUNGARY||YES||AMENDMENT ‘HUNGARIAN ACT ON COMMUNICATIONS’||NO||CONSENT VIA BROWSER-SETTINGS|
|IRELAND||YES||AMENDEMENT + GUIDELINE||NO||CONSENT VIA BROWSER-SETTINGS|
|ICELAND||NO||PROPOSITION OF LAW||NO||CONSENT VIA BROWSER-SETTINGS|
|LATVIA||YES||AMENDEMENT ‘LAW ON INFORMATION SOCIETY SERVICES’||YES||EXPLICIT OPT-IN FOR CERTAIN COOKIES, IMPLIED FOR OTHER|
|LITHUANIA||YES||AMENDEMENT ‘LAW ON ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS’||YES||EXPLICIT OPT-IN|
|LUXEMBOURG||YES||AMENDMENT||NO||CONSENT VIA BROWSER-SETTINGS|
|MALTA||YES||NEW LEGISLATION||NO||CONSENT VIA BROWSER-SETTINGS|
|THE NETHERLANDS||YES||REVISED LAW: TELECOMMUNICATIONS ACT||YES||EXPLICIT OPT-IN|
|NORWAY (NON-EU)||NO||PROPOSITION OF LAW||EXPECTATION: NO||EXPECTED OPT-OUT + SELF REGULATION BY INDUSTRY|
|AUSTRIA||YES||NEW TELECOMMUNICATIONS ACT||YES/NO||CONSENT VIA BROWSER BUT EXPLICIT FOR TRACKING COOKIES|
|POLAND||YES||AMENDMENT||YES/NO||CONSENT VIA BROWSER BUT EXPLICIT FOR TARGETED ADS|
|SLOVENIA||YES||AMENDMENT||NO||CONSENT VIA BROWSER-SETTINGS|
|SLOVAKIA||YES||AMENDMENT||YES||CONSENT VIA BROWSER-SETTINGS|
|SPAIN||YES||AMENDMENT||YES||CONSENT VIA BROWSER-SETTINGS|
|UNITED KINGDOM||YES||NEW LEGISLATION “PRIVACY AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS”||YES||IMPLIED CONSENT|
|SWEDEN||YES||AMENDMENT||YES||CONSENT VIA BROWSER-SETTINGS|
If you are left with any remarks or questions after reading this cookie statement, feel free to contact email@example.com
Last updated January 2023