1. Parties in this statement
In this Cookie Statement (“Cookiedeclaration”), the following should be understood as:
- ‘Smappee’: Smappee LLC (t/a) Smappee, having its registered office at Evolis 104, B 8530 HARELBEKE, listed under enterprise number BTW-BE 0849.366.642.
- ‘User’, ‘you’: Every person (B2C) or legal entity (B2B) that should install and/or use the Smappee mobile application, and may or may not come into a contractual relation of any kind.
- ‘Application’; the Smappee mobile application, made for iPhone® and Android™-systems, and to be downloaded or installed from the App Store℠ and Google Play℠.
- ‘Telecommunication Law’: Wet houdende diverse bepalingen inzake elektronische communicatie (referred to as : Telecommunication law) (URL).
- ‘Law concerning electronic communication’: implementatie Telecommunicatiewet in artikel 129 van de Wet betreffende de elektronische communicatie van 13 juni 2005 (URL).
2. Definition of cookies
Cookies are small data- or textfiles sent from a website and stored on your local computer. Cookies can be stored for different purposes; some cookies have a technical character (for example to store language preferences), session cookies (temporary cookies) and tracking cookies (cookies that track and store your behavior on the website, in order to offer the user the most optimal user experience)
The Belgian Law concerning electronic communication’ (implementation telecommunications law) includes some provisions regarding cookies, and the use of them on websites. The Belgian implementation is derived from the European E-Privacy Directive. This Directive implies that every EU Member States has a certain discretion regarding cookie-legislation.
Smappee is a national branch (Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxemburg) of an international Corporation. Below tittle “7. I’m not from Belgium. What type of consent does my country require?”, an overview of the diverse European Cookie-legislation landscape is offered.
3. What is the aim of these cookies?
Smappee would like to inform the user as much as possible on this new legislation, and on the cookies they use. Cookies are essential for Smappee in order to optimize every visit to the website, remember every technical choice user made (for example choices regarding language, newsletter, et cetera), and to offer user every relevant services and suggestions.
If you would like to consult the website of Smappee, it is recommended that cookies are enabled. However user is free to disable cookies if such setting is not preferred (we refer you to title 6 “how can I manage my cookies”)
4. What guarantees do I have as a visitor?
Smappee acquired the legal Quality-label ‘mylabel’, after an extensive legal and technical scan of their website by the legal department of ‘DeJuristen/LesJuristes’. This label guarantees the user 100% legal certainty.
The result of this scan can be viewed online through this link:
5. What cookies does Smappee use?
In order to consult the Smappee website, it is recommended that you enable cookies on your computer, tablet or mobile phone. Without enabled cookies, there is a real possibility that we are not able to guarantee optimized use of our website.
If, however, you feel the urgent need to restrict, block or remove cookies of Smappee, we gladly explain you how to manage your browser settings under title 6.
_utma – http://shop.smappee.com
_utmc – http://shop.smappee.com
_utmz – http://shop.smappee.com
frontend – http://shop.smappee.com
Aim of the cookie – Technical cookie. Front-end cookie of Smappee. This is a session cookie.
6. How can I manage my cookies?
Make sure cookies are enabled in your browser. In order to enable cookies, the following actions need to be performed:
Browser – Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
- In Internet Explorer, click on ‚InternetOptions‘ in the ‚Extra‘-menu.
- On the tab ‚Privacy‘, Slide the settings-slider to low ‚laag‘ or ‘accept all cookies’ (every setting above ‚medium‘ disables cookies).
- Click ‚OK‘.
Browser – Mozilla Firefox
- On the menu bar, click on the Firefox menu and select Preferences.
- Select the Privacy panel.
- Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.
- Uncheck mark Accept cookies from sites to disable Cookies; make sure Accept third party cookies is also set to Never.
Browser – Google Chrome
- Click ‚Extra‘ on top of the browses and choose ‚Options‘.
- Click ‚Under the Hood‘ tab, search for ‚Privacy‘ and select the button ‚Content settings‘.
- Select ‚Allow local data to be set‘.
Browser – Safari
- Click on ‚Cog‘ on top of the browser and select ‘preferences’.
- Click ‘Security’, check the option: ‘Block all cookies of third parties and advertissement cookies’.
- Click ‚Save‘.
7. “I’m not from Belgium. What type of consent does my country require?”
Smappee is a branch of a well-known international corporation or concern. Therefor it is possible that not only Belgian citizens visit the website. European member-states have diverse interpretations on cookie-legislation, which makes it difficult for the user to determine what type of consent is needed. Below you can find an overview of the European member states, their status of implementation and their (possible) way of implementation.
Smappee endeavors to apply the correct way of implementation in the member state, in so far this is allowed in a technically and material way.
|BELGIUM||YES||AMENDMENT BELGISCHE WET ELEKTRONISCHE COMMUNICATIE.||YES||IMPLIED CONSENT|
|BULGARIA||YES||AMENDMENT ‘BULGARIAN ELECTRONIC MESSAGES ACT’||NO||IMPLIED CONSENT|
|CYPRUS||YES||AMENDMENT ‘REGULATION OF ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION AND POSTAL SERVICES LAW’||YES||EXPLICIT CONSENT|
|GERMANY||NO||DRAFT IMPLEMENTATION NOT TAKEN EFFECT||YES BUT||OPT-IN FOR COOKIES CONCERNING PERSONAL INFORMATION; OPT-OUT FOR ALL OTHER COOKIES|
|ESTONIA||/||INTERPRETATION ALREADY IMPLEMENTED||NO||
RIGHT TO REFUSE-APPROACH
|FINLAND||YES||AMENDMENT PRIVACYWET||NO||CONSENT VIA BROWSER-SETTINGS|
|FRANCE||YES||NEW LAW||YES||EXPLICIT CONSENT REQUIRED, BUT DEROGATIONS FOR FIRST PARTY ANALYTIC COOKIES|
|GREECE||YES||AMENDMENT||NO||CONSENT VIA BROWSER-SETTINGS|
|HUNGARY||YES||AMENDMENT ‘HUNGARIAN ACT ON COMMUNICATIONS’||NO||CONSENT VIA BROWSER-SETTINGS|
|IRELAND||YES||AMENDEMENT + GUIDELINE||NO||CONSENT VIA BROWSER-SETTINGS|
|ICELAND||NO||PROPOSITION OF LAW||NO||CONSENT VIA BROWSER-SETTINGS|
|LATVIA||YES||AMENDEMENT ‘LAW ON INFORMATION SOCIETY SERVICES’||YES||EXPLICIT OPT-IN FOR CERTAIN COOKIES, IMPLIED FOR OTHER|
|LITHUANIA||YES||AMENDEMENT ‘LAW ON ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS’||YES||EXPLICIT OPT-IN|
|LUXEMBOURG||YES||AMENDMENT||NO||CONSENT VIA BROWSER-SETTINGS|
|MALTA||YES||NEW LEGISLATION||NO||CONSENT VIA BROWSER-SETTINGS|
|THE NETHERLANDS||YES||REVISED LAW: TELECOMMUNICATIONS ACT||YES||EXPLICIT OPT-IN|
|NORWAY (NON-EU)||NO||PROPOSITION OF LAW||EXPECTATION: NO||EXPECTED OPT-OUT + SELF REGULATION BY INDUSTRY|
|AUSTRIA||YES||NEW TELECOMMUNICATIONS ACT||YES/NO||CONSENT VIA BROWSER BUT EXPLICIT FOR TRACKING COOKIES|
|POLAND||YES||AMENDMENT||YES/NO||CONSENT VIA BROWSER BUT EXPLICIT FOR TARGETED ADS|
|SLOVENIA||YES||AMENDMENT||NO||CONSENT VIA BROWSER-SETTINGS|
|SLOVAKIA||YES||AMENDMENT||YES||CONSENT VIA BROWSER-SETTINGS|
|SPAIN||YES||AMENDMENT||YES||CONSENT VIA BROWSER-SETTINGS|
|UNITED KINGDOM||YES||NEW LEGISLATION “PRIVACY AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS”||YES||IMPLIED CONSENT|
|SWEDEN||YES||AMENDMENT||YES||CONSENT VIA BROWSER-SETTINGS|
If you are left with any remarks or questions after reading this cookie-statement, feel free to contact email@example.com
Last updated december ’13